Thursday, January 17, 2008

AND FOR DINNER TONIGHT


PESTO BEEF SALAD
I modified a recipe from my healthy cooking - a commonsense guide cookbook. Here's how I made it:
To make the pesto: 1 bunch of fresh basil leaves (80g) + 3 cloves garlic + 3T (45g) pepitas processed in a food processor and then add 1T of good olive oil + a little orange juice + lemon juice (about 5mls each).Watch how much juice you use or it will be too wet and runny. This was quite tasty without the usual fatty ingredients of parmesan cheese and lots of oil. I'd make this again.
Take 1 large red and yellow capsicum and grill. Sweat it in a plastic bag and then peel them and dice them.
120g wholegrain penne pasta cooked in boiling water and drained.
I used 2 large mushrooms and chopped them into bite sized pieces.
2 bunches of asparagus steamed.
Topside steak with a little freshly ground black pepper + sea salt sealed in a hot pan and then rested for 5 minutes before cutting into thin slices.
Put it all together with the ingredients as warm as possible so the pesto spreads throughout the mixture and VOILA!!
I added my beef after the salad was put together so that WH and I could have different amounts of the meat. It was still good after a good dousing with freshly ground black pepper. That quantity makes 4 serves and we are both having t for lunch tomorrow YUMMO!!
Today I am suffering some serious DOMS in every muscle group below my waist. Its been so long I'd almost forgotten how good it feels LOL!! So despite hating yesterday's training session I now love it as its had the desired effect and I know its doing me good.
Cheers all
Magda

3 comments:

Raechelle said...

Yumm...thanks-gave me an idea for dinner!
Have a great weekend!

Kristy said...

Magda you sound like you are in a good place with both food and exercise.

Have a good weekend

Kristy

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Magda, it's great to see you enjoying your food so much at the moment. Have a great weekend, and hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday!