Friday, November 24, 2006

ON A "NO LOSS" LOW

Hi all,

yes another disappointing encounter with the tape measure and scales this morning has left me feeling a bit low and doubting myself. "Will I ever be good enough to get on stage?" "Will I ever last the distance and keep going when the going gets tough?" "Will I..." It goes on and on.

Maybe I'm expecting too much and not really putting in enough effort but hey, I do have quite a few kilos to lose and it shouldnt be this hard so early on. Yes I expect the last 5 to be damn hard to get off but I have 10 kilos to lose before I get to that point.

So here I am feeling a bit sorry for myself and a bit fed up too. Slap me out of this for god's sake!!

Magda

1 comment:

Lia Halsall said...

I lost 17kgs in total to compete in my very first figure competition, if I can do it then so can you. Anbd to answer your question yes this will challenge you every day from the very beginning, anything worth having in life you'll have to work for. Otherwise everyone would do it if it were easy Magda. :o)

I asked myself that very same question every single day leading up to my first competition and you know what, it's okay! In the end I had nothing to lose and everything to gain and damned if I was quitting. My husband constantly reminded me that I had said "whatever it takes" and didn't I regret saying that. LOL!!

You can do this, you will do this and once you do you will understand why you're doing this. You're not alone and we're always here for you Magda.

Stronger Challeneges

Do the challenges you face seem to be getting more daunting? Most likely that means you're making real progress.

The challenges have grown stronger precisely because you've reached a higher level of effectiveness. In meeting those challenges you'll create a path forward where none existed before.

With what level of challenge are you willing to live? That will determine the level of accomplishment you reach.

Working through the biggest challenges will bring you the biggest rewards. Real and lasting value is created by solving the most difficult problems.

With each challenge you grow stronger. And then an even greater challenge comes along, giving you the opportunity to climb ever higher.

Diligently work through a few challenges, and soon you'll find yourself looking forward to them. See the real value in challenge, and you'll see the way clear to whatever you choose to accomplish.

-- Ralph Marston


Lia xo