Tuesday, November 07, 2006

MY SECRET TO GETTING MY MIND IN ORDER

Meditation!!

Yes earlier this year I tried hypnotherapy for weight loss. I found it excellent for tuning my mind into a positive frame where making healthy choices and choosing to not over-eat became "second nature". But I didnt practice the "self-hypnosis" (which is really just a form of meditation) very consistently and so it became ineffective. Well yesterday I found an article on the net about meditation and was reminded how effective it had been for me previously.

So.....last night I did a little meditation at bed time and then again when I woke up this morning. And I'm feeling so much happier, calmer, in control and stronger. I havent over-eaten today (the first time in about 2 weeks, I'm ashamed to say) and even out at lunch with the girls from my office I made the healthiest choice possible and didnt feel like I was being hard done by.

Small steps I know but I'm just rapt that I'm moving forward. I've also drawn some inspiration from another blog which I read late September but only now did her post hit home with me as I could well have written about 80% of it myself. Thanks Shar from IBO for your moving post on 27th September. It really helped to bring it all home for me.

Magda

No comments: