Saturday, May 31, 2008

PHEW WHAT A BUSY DAY

Because I weighed at a funny time yesterday (the middle of the day) I did an "official-first-thing-in-the-morning-weigh" today. WOOHOO take off another .3kgs and I was PRETTY HAPPY!!

My training time today was taken up with BS in our bed, giving us cuddles and then analysing the world through the eyes of a 6 year old. How precious and far more important than cutting him off to go and sweat or pump iron.

Mum and I had a lovely day out. Thanks to everyone who left wishes for her and for a great weekend for me. Made of Honour was very light and funny and we both laughed heaps. I enjoyed lunch DESPITE my awful food. I ordered a lamb souvlakia salad as I wanted to stay pretty much on track and just splurge on a glass of bubbly. The salad was horrible. The lamb was too underdone with NO evidence of any chargrilling. Then there was a ton of different lettuces with the odd bit of tomato and capsicum. It was covered in tzatziki dressing which was too heavy for it all. Oh and there were pita triangles wedged around the bowl. I ended up sharing some of mum's gourmet tandoori chicken pizza. Now that was GOOD :-)

Tonight I've been a busy busy bee making WH a healthy chicken parmy and fresh crumbed tenderloins for BS. I just had tuna and salad as I still wasnt very hungry at dinner time. (Probably should've eaten less at lunch time). Then I made a moderate-fat tiramasu for dessert tomorrow and trimmed tons of fat off some lamb shanks that will be slow-roasted and made into one of the most delicious meals ever.

So you'd think that I'd call it a day then?? NOPE. Cardio time!! and I did 1/2 hour of various sprints on my exercise bike. NOW I've achieved all I wanted to today, including my interlude with Blogger :-)

Tomorrow is Mum's birthday dinner for the family. But training first and then back into the kitchen. Focussing on enjoying it all without a huge blow-out that'll leave me feeling like sh*t.

Cheers all

Magda

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Such a great positive post Magda...

I really dislike it when you eat out and your meal turns out yuck...The pizza sounds nice though...

Hope your mum has a great birthday

Em said...

Sounds like you have had a wonderful day filled to the brim hopefully all done with a big smile cause you should be proud of yourself :)
Have a great week hun:)
Em:)

Magda said...

Yes Kristy the lamb salad was disappointing but Mum's pizza saved the day.

Thanks Em Mum ans I both had a great day :-)

Cheers

Magda