Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I COUNT MYSELF AS A VERY LUCKY PERSON

The week has started well for me. Despite a massive spike on the Metal Monster today (fully expected) I have remained calm, in control and positive about the future. This is actually my true nature and I'm just letting it be.

Food is clean and healthy again with my usual few modest treats to keep me sane and not feeling totally deprived. I'm pushing it HARD in my weight training and am loving it but in week 2 DOMS is not my companion any more (until I do chest maybe). This is quite normal for me and I know that unless I really change things around and train til I'm knocking on death's door, I just dont get DOMS.

So life goes on. On a daily basis I deal with significant work issues trying to balance a number of them as best I can. As a working mum I strive to keep on top of my son's schooling and spend time with him reading, doing music practice and just talking about his day. I have a number of non-fitness related issues brewing. If and when they eventuate they will put more pressure on my time and will change my lifestyle significantly. They are both exciting and mildly stressful (dealing with change).

Australia wide we are dealing with horrific bushfires, devastating floods and the economic downturn which is affecting all of us in some way or other. I count myself as a very lucky person. I'm blessed with a beautiful healthy child, a lovely husband who I can trust implicitly, fantastic parents and in-laws, a good secure job, a lovely home and car and a pretty good lifestyle. When you consider all that, it really puts last weekend into perspective.

:-) Magda

2 comments:

Splice said...

You day sounds very similar to mine in relation to work and family then trying to fit in training etc. I also find I have to smash myself in order to get DOMS.

I have found that time management is the most important asset I have right now to be able to get through my very busy day. I think ahead constantly and keep my diary (iphone) with me always.

Just take things one day at a time and I hope you can stay on top of it all.

Deb xx

Magda said...

Thanks Deb. I'm doing OK and am just used to being this busy. Like I said, I'm one of the lucky ones. Life could be so much worse.

:-) Magda