Friday, February 27, 2009

FRIDAY = TREAT DAY

I love it when Friday rolls around. Here are the little treats I enjoy:

1. A sleep-in. After getting up at 4.40 or 5am the rest of the week, I take a rest day from training on Fridays and I turn my alarm off. I usually wake between 6 and 6.30 which is my "sleep-in" LOL.

2. To continue in the spirit of treating myself on Friday I have breakfast on the way to work. While I'm still home I have my protein portion (low fat creamed cottage cheese with cinnamon and Splenda) and then on the way to work I stop at a favourite cafe and order Dutch fruit loaf and a skim cappuccino. The fruit loaf slices are small but heavy and loaded with sultanas and raisins etc and I only use about 2/3s of a pat of butter so its not too sinful. While I eat my breakfast and enjoy my cappuccino, I read the paper and relish that little bit of "me-time".

3. Wine night!! On Friday WH and I enjoy a drink together before dinner. Previously we'd have lots of junky nibbles and I'd have several glasses of wine but I'm now used to 1 or 2 glasses of wine and a small portion of raw nuts. Dinner is quick and simple as there is nothing worse than slaving in the kitchen when all you want to do is wind down. WH will have 3-4 glasses of wine but I'm now finding that 1 medium glass-full is enough to have me feeling happy and mellow :-)

4. Staying up a bit later is another bonus (yep I'm blogging at 10.31 which I just cant do on any other week night). Most nights I try to be in bed between 9.30 and 10 and its quite an effort (I too have self-management rules that I impose to help me cope with life's demands). But those rules are relaxed on a Friday.

5. Today I got to enjoy one more treat. My Director's team (including me and my team) got together for an informal and impromptu glass of wine at the end of the day. We shared some really funny stories both about work and not and it was a great end to the week.

So that's my Good News Post for today. It makes me happy just to read it. I hope you're all in a good, happy place too.

:-) Magda

3 comments:

Kek said...

I love your treats, Magda - they include two of my favourite things: breakfast and good wine. :p

Anonymous said...

I love Fridays too Magda - means i get to sleep in the next day!!!!! Glad to hear you are in a happy place xx

Magda said...

Hi Kek,

yes I love my weekly treat breakfast and I've learnt to keep the butter minimal and then not use it as an excuse to binge that day. And as for the wine ... yummo!!

Thanks Fern. Fridays ROCK!!

M