Tuesday, November 25, 2008

LIFESAVING STRATEGIES

Last night I promised that I would post about stuff that Liz has recommended for me to help me survive the busy social weekend I have coming up. I just know its going to make all the difference between a happy time a stressful time trying hard to stay 100% on track.

Firstly my wine allowance has been relaxed. Yippee!! I'm going to play it by ear as to how much of it I need/want but if the fancy takes me then I know I have flexibility with it.

Secondly we have a strategy for managing the food. Just really good advice like: dont arrive hungry, have a little of the things on offer, taste rather than gorge and when I'm having something which may be a bit indulgent I'm to savour every mouthful.

Thirdly my cardio gets ramped up to twice each day on the weekend. This will be difficult to fit in but I will make the best effort possible to make it happen.

So through all of that we are aiming for me to feel "included and enjoying nice food and wine like all of the other people".

Liz and I also negotiated a plan to help me avoid the Binge Monster that took hold of me last Friday. As I have posted before there is this 3 week curse that seems to plague me every time I seriously try to get my body fat down. I do good in the first week. I do ok in the 2nd week but little signs of struggle start showing and then the 3rd week just feels like an endless struggle and my craving for sweets just gets stronger and stronger.

So we have agreed that every 3 weeks I will have an allowed indulgence of either cake (my absolute favourite indulgence) or a restaurant meal out where I choose what I want rather than what I feel I should have. I will probably choose cake as that is usually what I crave the most but I'll have it without guilt and without regret and know that its "legal" and hopefully will not ruin it by stuffing myself with sweets until I can fit no more in. (I believe I can do it!!)

So there are some strategies that we are putting into place to help me achieve a healthy and lean lifestyle without feeling deprived or obsessed with weighing and logging food or too restricted or just going crazy for whatever reason.

When you think of it, nothing there is rocket science but I believe it helps to be reminded of what is a good sensible approach. Even after a year off I find myself resorting to "comp-diet-mentality" every so often and its something I'm trying to move away from.

BTW I did have a Terrific Tuesday.

Cheers all

Magda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like it's a very good plan Magda. :o) xxx

Magda said...

Yes Liz is a real gem and I know that working together I can beat my demons and get to where I want to be.

M

Cheryl D said...

They sound like a good idea. Glad they are helping!

Charlotte Orr said...

Sounds like some good strategies there. Hope it all goes well for you!