Monday, November 10, 2008

KILLING TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE

Well despite it being Monday, I'm feeling pretty good emotionally. I mean how could I not after such a great result for my first week with Liz? Today I wore the same clothes as I did last Monday (for a reason) and they fitted better and I looked and felt better in them. It made me feel just that little bit better still.

My car went in for service today and I used the opportunity to walk from the service centre into work in the city and then back out again at the end of the day. It was about 1/2 hour each way and on the walk in I got a reasonable workout but on the way out I was held up by traffic lights and my heart rate didnt get high enough. Never mind. I was moving and thats a positive. I love killing 2 birds with one stone though.

Food continues to be good and why shouldnt it be? I'm not on any strict plan at this stage. My goal is to make good choices most of the time. To be consistent and to stay on an even keel emotionally. I even have the luxury of not having to log anything ... yet!!

There is only one small downer and that is I can feel a lurgy trying to take hold. I have a constant (mild) headache and have developed a bit of a chesty cough. Not feeling 100% but still far from "sick status". I think an earlier night with some Vitamin C before bed wont go astray.

Hope you all had a great weekend and are ready to take on the new week.

Cheers

Magda

2 comments:

Pip said...

Awesome work on week one with Liz! Look forward to following the journey!

Hope the chesty cough goes away very soon!

All the best!

Pip

Magda said...

Thanks Pip. There's nothing like a good strong start to get you really motivated, me thinks

:-) Magda