Tuesday, November 27, 2007

THANKS TO LIZ THE WIZZ

I owe my return to sanity to the wonderful Liz Nelson. Although I'm not a client of her's, she has gone out of her way to help me deal with the issues which I'm battling at the moment. She has shed light on some key aspects of life after comps and I no longer feel like a freak battling behaviours which are clearly destructive. I also feel ready to reassess my actions and attitude and start to look positively to the future. Things are starting to look up although I know I have a long way to go before I'm at a place that I'll be happy with.

Today I bought "If not dieting, then what?" by Rick Kausman and have started reading it in an attempt to turn around some of my very bad habits/behaviours. I'm determined to get off this negative merry-go-round, this destructive Groundhog Day cycle no matter how hard it is. I've tackled hard things before and I've conquered them so I know I have it in me. I just think I've been going about it all the wrong way up til now. Sometimes you have hit the bottom before you can bounce back up again and I'm pleased to say I'm creeping up ... albeit it slowly.

I'm not going to say any more tonight. I have some more thinking to do and some planning for how to tackle things slowly from here on. And I'm looking forward to getting back to my book.

To everyone that has also offered support through their words of wisdom I say thank you for taking the time to help. It all does make a difference!!

Cheers

Magda

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz is an angel isn't she. What would we do without her.

Great book, got it, read it and will be reading again over xmas. It's one of those that you just need to keep going over until you're where you need to be in life. Same said for "Fattitude".

Lia xx

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Magda, have been flat out with work lately so haven't had a chance to visit until now. Glad to hear that things are looking up for you. Cheers, Charlotte

Lisa said...

Magda,

Liz does my nutrition too and has really helped me jumped to the next level in my sport. I always tell her she released me from "food jail" lol.

Lisa

LizN said...

Magda, you are so welcome!
Hugs
Liz :)

stacytoby said...

hehe i love the groundhog day analogy - i have felt like that with another coach thats for sure!!!! great to hear you are feeling better about things, remember how far you've come - you are an amazing inspiration to us all!!! :)

Kaddy said...

hey magda; that pic of you is aAWESOME big congratulations!

i think i might get the if not dieting then what book too; a lot of people have said it's fantastic! Good luck with everything.

kat