Thursday, November 08, 2007

BACK IN THE SADDLE AND FEELING ALIVE

Today I did my first weights session since I last trained before the comps. I’ve had a nice break but it was time to bite the bullet and kick off my new program. So at 5am this morning I did a leg session which was a combination of some “go hard” exercises and some “lets ease into this as its quite new and different.” The session was short and sweet and will certainly be intense within a couple of weeks as the weights move back into the heavier zone.

I followed this up with a 30 min row on our super-duper new rower and by the end of it all I had worked up a fine sweat. Then follow this up with my favourite breakfast and it makes for the perfect start to the day.

I love these times when I’m in a happy and positive place. My eating has been good and I really feel like I’m using all the tools available to me to make it work. My work time meals are all made the day before and are on hand for when I get hungry. Last night I was a bit undecided about what to have for dinner as I’m still getting used to having the freedom to choose from a wider variety of foods. So I made a favourite healthy dish which I love. Here it is if you’re interested:

Take a handful of either wholemeal or multi-grain pasta such as penne or spirals and boil. Slice a mushroom or two and some red or brown onion and “fry” in a pan sprayed with oil. (You can add other veges depending on what you like and have on hand). Then open a can of Sole Mare tuna with beans and drain off the oil. !/2 the can should be enough unless you’re really hungry and then chuck it all into the drained pasta with the veges. Or you can cook up double the pasta and veges, add the whole can of tuna and then divide it into 2 or 3 (small) portions. Its nice too with a good sprinkle of freshly cracked black pepper and a handful of freshly chopped continental (flat leaf) parsley. I’m having a light sprinkle of parmy cheese on it because I’m not in “diet mode” and its superb.

So that’s it for me today.
Cruising along nicely.
Making the right choices.
Moving forward one step at a time.
Life is good.

Cheers

Magda

3 comments:

Pip said...

Awesome Magda, - committed, - I knew you would do it! The tuna/pasta/veg sounds great too!

Thank you for your comment on my blog! (Those comments I had when leaner WERE from a bit plumper mates) LOL! Parents and others were awesome though!

I'm on track/feeling focussed this week too, - just gotta be committed and make it FOR GOOD LOL/achieving ultimate fitness and leaness targets!

RaeC said...

Great stuff Magda!! Awesome to read you are back in the saddle. It's amazing how quickly to get back into it just by walking into the gym and picking up some weights. That's why I never wait too long after comp before I start training again. If the comp is on a Saturday, I'm normally in some gym in the vicinity of wherever I may be by the Monday!! Reading this post of yours brought a smile to my face :o)

Anonymous said...

Slowly but surely you're getting there, great stuff! It won't be easy and it won't happen over night but it will happen. Parden the pun Magda. LOL!! ;o)