Sunday, November 04, 2007

THE STRUGGLE CONTINUES

Thank you to for the comments of support and encouragement left after my last post.


Lia,


I have followed your journey since I first came to blogland and you have always been such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing more of yourself and making me feel less alone. Your elimination diet sounds like its a real grind and I can well understand your frustration with it. But I know you are a strong and determined person and will conquer it and other challenges which present themselves.


Shar,


thanks for your offer of help and I will take you up on it as I have indicated in an email back to you (but not sure if its gone thru). I know you really struggled with the same problem but you have gotten on top of it so I'm hoping I can learn from you.


Charlotte,


Everything you wrote in your comment could have been written by me - although I tend to keep up the exercise just not as often or as intensely. Its good to know I'm not alone yet I still have to find my way of dealing with this. I will take your advice and try to put it into practice as you always write in a way that strikes a chord to which I can truly relate.

Pip,

We are strange creatures arent we? Knowing what to do but for some reason not doing it.

I often ponder why it is I'm not doing what I know I should be doing to achieve my short term and longer term goals. I have a weight that I want to maintain so if I decide to compete again then I havent got tons of weight to lose. I also want to maintain my chosen weight so that I look and feel good in the meantime. You know I sweated blood to achieve my goal of competing this year and now I just feel like all that hard work could mean nothing if I continue doing what I'm doing.

Maybe deep down I havent adjusted to myself as a lean person?
Maybe I'm so used to dieting that I dont know life in another form?
Maybe I just feel this overwhelming sense of wanting to "indulge/enjoy/lash out" after 10 months of being in "comp prep mode"?
Maybe its all of the above to some extent?

Oh God, where do I start to try and sort this all out for myself and get back on track sooner rather than later.

Magda

1 comment:

Kek said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, Magda.... I wonder if everyone will agree? Ha! I know the answer to that one...

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time - you have plenty of support and advice from those who know just what you're going through, so there isn't anything I can add. Only empathy, for what it's worth.