Thursday, January 25, 2007

TOO POOPED TO POP

Is how I felt last night. I trained back and abs which is always a really heavy solid session that I particularly enjoy. After a 45 minute rest in which I refuel and re-energise, it was into the aerobics room for 3 classes. Now commonsense would dictate that I pace myself for the 2 1/2 hour slog so I can go the distance without trouble. But commonsense didnt prevail last night and I ended up giving a big 9/10 effort for the first class, even getting to the point where I couldnt talk anymore (not smart when you're in charge of the class). This meant my energy levels were way down for the next 1 3/4 hours and I was pacing myself big time just to get through. Oh and to make things even harder, my feet were really sore as was my upper back/shoulders. I was very happy when the last cooldown was finished and I dragged myself home to say goodnight to BS, eat, shower and attend to domestic duties.

Even with the huge difference in intensity of the 3 classes (the last 2 were only about a 5/10 effort - I just didnt have more in me) it must still have been a good calorie burner as I was hungry again 1 1/2 hours after eating my salmon and salad for dinner. Thank goodness for my pre-bedtime snack. It was really appreciated last night. Oh and the other trade off is no early morning cardio today so we had a bit of a lie in as I was awake for several hours last night. Just mulling over comp prep and stuff.

Feeling ok today but will hit my usual slump in the afternoon when the tiredness really sets in. I find I'm a real morning person (who else does 5am starts 4 days of the week without too much trouble) but fade quickly in the afternoon, no matter what I eat or how much I exercise. Although on my clean comp diet its not as bad as when I might be having lots of refined carbs and even alcohol. They are a recipe for disaster, in more ways than one!!

Not much planned for the long weekend but will catch up with a friend to help her pack boxes for a move or go house hunting with her. Oh and getting my hair cut and coloured which will actually be mainly coloured as I'm going to grow it for September. But it needs tidying up anyway. So thats it for me.

Cheers

Magda

No comments: