Thursday, August 02, 2007

HANGIN IN THERE

OMG What a week!!

BS is over his gastro and he now has a cold. Not serious but another change in routine to manage. This morning, after a 12+ hours sleep he woke up just as I was about to head out for my sprints with Kristy. I couldn’t leave him as he’d had no dinner the night before (he’d slept through it) so I knew he’d be starving for breakfast. I ended up riding my exercise bike instead. My mum is looking after him now as I cant really afford more time off work.

My WH and I have been seriously considering moving since the break-in a month ago. We’ve been looking at properties in some selected areas (yes on top of training, training, training and preparing food for hours on end, I’m also trawling the property market). This also results in hours of discussions and is likely to continue for some time. Can anyone tell me how to squeeze another 2 to 3 hours out of every day??

The WNBF show in Adelaide was just this week changed to another date. I was due to be away that weekend holidaying as the comp would have been over. Imagine my horror when I got the email about the change in date. Anyway without going into boring detail I will just say that WNBF have been exceptional in helping me get to the SA comp and I will be there on the 6th of October instead of the 29th or 30th of September. At one brief stage it looked like I might go to Sydney to compete at the Asia Pacific Championships but that didn’t eventuate.

I have kept up my training despite all of these challenges but diet is suffering and I will admit that my focus is not as strong as before. I've noticed that since my mood has been down and darker I'm more prone to injuries and my lower back is very sore again. Its funny how the physical and mental are so closely linked and have a definite effect on each other. I need to take some time to myself to regroup and recharge my motivation and enthusiasm which seem to have gone into hiding.

I have a catch up with my BF (best friend) tomorrow evening so that I can yarn over all the things which are bothering me. Then I can let go of them and hopefully move forward again. There’s nothing like a decent heart to heart with a smart, experienced, level-headed, totally trustworthy woman when you feel like the world is against you and you’re coming apart at the seams.

Saturday marks the start of a new AND HIGHLY IMPROVED week for me. I want to be ready to embrace it.

Magda

2 comments:

Nic said...

Hi Magda,
I've been away and just now catching up with everyone. I have been in a similar place to you and the best thing to remember is you can only do your best with the cards you are dealt. You will get there and be really proud of yourself....don't let the mind sidetrack you. It is also possible to compete even after a few (or several in my case) slip ups. They aren't the end of the world. Keep it going, I will be thinking of you! Nic

Splice said...

Hey Magda :-)
You are on the right track in regards to talking to your friend, you will feel so much better once you talk through it all.
Also remember nobody has a "perfect" comp prep, everyone needs to fall off the wagon once in a while. What this does is gets you right back on track the next day. Extra calories, better mood, elevated enrgey levels and more motivation.
Have a great weekend.
Deb