Friday, February 23, 2007

NEARING THE FINISH LINE IN A STRESSFUL WEEK

Yes I too could have a BMW session today (thanks for this gem Liz) but will refrain. There has been so much going on, all of it putting pressures on my time, my sense of calm and my ability to stay focussed on my goals. On many occassions this week I could easily have slipped back into some very bad, but very comfortable old habits. It really has felt like a long hard slog at times.

But I'm pleased to say that I have stayed on track with both nutrition and training. I can now take comfort in the fact that I wasnt beaten, I was strong enough to stick to my plan, even when things got tough. Having said that, it wasnt all bad but I'm looking forward to a more "normal" time next week, whatever that may be.

I did a SS run this morning, increasing my distance but did it in my usual time. Thats 1 for me! Aerobically I felt great but my legs were quite tired and heavy (must be from yesterday's sprints which were harder than before). I pushed on nevertheless. I was planning to do the 200+ stairs as well but had a CBB (cant be bothered) moment at the last minute and took the lift instead. Justification: My legs are tired and I want them to be fresh for tomorrow's weights session. Thats 1 for the sloth. Some you win, some you dont.

After a pretty ordinary weekend last weekend, WH is itching to go out so we're heading out to a new local family bistro as BS will be with us too. Lets hope they have food suitable for me to eat and its not all something-or-other with chips. I'm looking forward to having a little wine too :-)

Cheers

Magda

1 comment:

jodie said...

Hey Magda - thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. Good luck with your goal of competing, sounds like you are well on the way! Keep up the great work.

And yes I love that saying that Liz had too, BMW - what a classic.