Tuesday, September 02, 2008

HELLO MOJO - WELCOME BACK

Today I woke up with my mojo well and truly back. No thumping headache. No feelings of dreading my running training. No wallowing in my “I feel so fat and frumpy” misery. Here’s my take on things today and its good to have the “old Magda” back:

My alarm went off at 4.50am as I hadn’t done my weekly long run. I lay in bed for about 30 seconds to assess whether I still had my headache. All clear so up and at it. I ran for one hour and it felt good. I didn’t even check the time til after the 46-minute mark. So it was like the home stretch after that. Only disadvantage is that I cant measure the distance as it was weaving through and around my suburb. No big deal. I’m now back in a positive mindset where I believe that I will complete the City 2 Bay without having to walk it. Less than 3 weeks now. Bring it on.

I knew I would eat well today and I did. Even though I was on a training course and there were some very yummy looking (free!!) cakes provided for morning tea (you know the ones you've just GOTTA have coz they're complimentary), I raided the fruit bowl and had a delicious apple instead. Good choice Magda … now just repeat these good behaviours over and over and I will be heading in the right direction.

As I was getting ready for work I thought about my weight and how I look and feel. But instead of just wallowing in self-pity and misery I acknowledged that yes I am too heavy but that changing this is all within my control. It is all up to me. Life deals some very raw deals that we have no control over but this is NOT one of them. Perspective Magda, perspective.

Since my mini meltdown last week when the blackest cloud came over me and I was in a bad place, I have drawn so much inspiration from other people's blogs. Little snippets of advice, observations, perspectives etc have got me thinking right again. I wont name individuals but I will just say that there are some very wise and inspirational bloggers out there and I thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge and experiences. Reading about others' struggles, challenges and then achievements restores my faith and belief that indeed I CAN do it too.

Here is a mini plan that I have for the month of September. Its a brief set of daily non-negotiable behaviours that are in place to keep me on track with healthy eating and regular exercise. I will be endeavouring to practice these behaviours EVERY day - even when its WH's birthday on the 14th, when we attend our friend's wedding on the Gold Coast on the 27th and for the holiday we'll have on the Sunshine Coast after that.

1. I will exercise for a minium of 30 minutes every day.
2. I will limit myself to a maximum of 3 alcoholic drinks on any one occassion. (This is an improvement and its achievable even though its still not ideal).
3. I will drink at least 2 litres of water or herbal tea.
4. I will only eat when sitting down.
5. I will continue to improve in avoiding binge eating (build on the success I've already had).

Thats it. Its short. Its simple. And thats all I'm prepared to commit to right now. No point imposing lots and lots of rules that are just waiting to be broken and then be beating myself up over it.

Bring on a great month where I will progress towards the person I want to be.

Cheers all

Magda

No comments: