Monday, March 05, 2007

SUFFERING THE EFFECTS OF THE SOCIAL WHIRL

Hoowee what a weekend!! It was all a bit too much really and I'm suffering for it this morning.

I didnt sleep well on Friday night so put the time to good use. Got up at 4.30am, had my protein and started leg training at 4.55am. By 6.30 I had legs + cardio done and was ready to tackle the day. WH and BS went to the Clipsal 500 and I got the dinner preparations well under way. Even managed a nana nap after lunch. We had a great evening on Saturday and I indulged in a wine and a little more carbs than usual but stayed well under control. However, it was a very late night which really shattered me for the next day.

However I still did my classes and then took BS out for the day with my friend and her BS. What a disaster that was. Her boy was over-tired so he chucked a massive tanty and was cranky for the rest of the time. Whilst I really felt for my friend (it wasnt that long ago that my boy was 2 1/2 as well), I just wanted to get out of there as I was too tired to enjoy what was a very difficult time.

So we eventually made our escape and I'm stressed, tired, hungry and fed up when we get home. We have visitors (which I knew about) and the chips, cheese, crackers, cashews etc are all out and I just weakened and enjoyed a nice little feast of this junk + some left-over wine.

So this morning I'm suffering the effects of this self-inflicted attack on my body. I still got up to do my cardio but have felt quite ill since. Well I guess this is just a classic case of "you commit the crime, you do the time".

Cant wait for my system to get back to its normal happy, clean state!

Cheers to all

Magda

2 comments:

Splice said...

Don't be too hard on yourself Magda. You did the right thing by getting right back on track. You will be feeling better in no time.
We have all had these moments :-)
Deb

LizN said...

Deb is right, Magda. Everyone at some stage will overeat or not do it right, me included. The main thing is how you deal with it and get on with it.

Hugs
Liz;)