Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I LOVE HOLIDAYS...BUT I ALSO LOVE TO BE HOME...

...and getting back to my usual routine.

I had a fantastic time in Sydney. I enjoyed eating out and having what I wanted, going out for drinks, shopping, spending time with 2 really great friends and WH. I gave myself permission to enjoy this trip and not feel guilty about eating off plan, having alcohol and not training. You see my attitude has changed from previous trips where I was filled with regret about doing all those things and worrying about whether I would get back on track afterwards. This time I just knew it would all be ok and there was no need to be strict with myself at 26 weeks out.

So the highlights for me were:

  • Wearing my "Brissie dress" out to dinner on Saturday night. Picture this: bright orange, above the knee, clingy jersey (I think) style fabric, size 8!!. I was extatic when I put it on and it fitted and looked ok. When we were trying to hail a taxi on Saturday night, my girlfriend said "stick Magda out there and watch the traffic come to a screeching halt" lol. Comments like that (however untrue they may be) will always make me feel good.
  • Shopping for clothes and fitting comfortably into a size 10. I didnt buy very much at all as I was aware that buying stuff to fit me now would be pointless as I get closer to the comp. So just 3 pairs of shoes, 4 tops, trackie pants and an evening wrap...oh and some sexy undies :-)
  • Sleeping in :-) I didnt train while I was away as we were on the go all day and I wasnt going to be unsociable so I could go to the gym. I enjoyed some nice lazy mornings and leisurely breakfasts which were a real treat.
  • Spending time with my best friend. Eva and I have been friends since we were 16 and 15 years old respectively. We have been through so much together including 5 marriages and 6 kids between us. We've both lived in other cities, she in the Alice and Perth and me in Brissie. We share secrets that we would both take to our graves and we would do absolutely anything to help each other out. I'm so lucky to have her as my friend and every year I look forward to our annual girls' weekend.

So now its back to reality and normality. Cardio this morning was 45 mins ss ride on the ex bike. Ex bike sprints are scheduled for tomorrow morning. Training tonight will be legs and if I feel up to it I might do shoulders/tris as well. If not then they are scheduled for Thursday. I will NOT miss a weights session this week. Stair program is twice a day between now and Friday. Gotta get those steel buns happening :-)

I will post some photos soon so stay tuned.

Cheers all

Magda

1 comment:

Shar said...

You sound like you had a great time Magda!

Friends like that are such a blessing to have in your life, I miss mine terribly.

Well done for getting straight back on track!

Shar x