Monday, August 04, 2008

BREAKING NEWS WITH CONGRATULATIONS TO FOLLOW

Hi all,

Today I was successful in landing myself another job.

I've been looking for a while and I missed out on another one a few weeks ago but this time around I was successful. In about 3 weeks time I will be leaving the government department where I've worked since 1983 (with 2 years break while we lived in Brisbane) in a job I've been in since 2000. I'll be moving over to another government department (much smaller than where I am now) and filling somebody's (a previous friend actually) position while they take maternity leave. The position is a promotion for me as it is a Manager's role.

OMG I beat 15 other applicants and I'm excited but (quietly) terrified. As I spoke to Miss R today (who's job I'm taking over) she mentioned a few times how challenging the role will be. I guess this is my test of how good I am at applying all my previous experience, knowledge and skills, how confident I am in my abilities (or can pretend to be), how tough I am and whether I've got what it takes to succeed.

I guess I could ask myself all these questions in the context of my life in general:

Can I apply all the things I've learnt, the skills and attitudes I've developed from the experiences I've had to have the life I want?

How confident am I that I have what it takes to achieve my goals?

How tough am I to weather the storms, the hard times, the fluctuations in motivation and still keep pushing on?

Do I have what it takes to succeed?

Cheers all

Magda

15 comments:

Kristy said...

Fantastic news Magda.

Well done and you will do fantastic!

Magda said...

Thanks Kristy. As I said its a bit scary but time for a change.

Magda

LizN said...

Magda,
congratulations ..well deserved.

Big hugs
Liz;)

Magda said...

Thank you Liz. I'm excited about the prospect of a new beginning - both workwise and on a personal level.

Magda

Combat Girl said...

CONGRATULATIONS MAGDA!!

You will be awesome in your new position.

CG
xxx

Claudine said...

Don't be so worried :)

They choose you for a reason, and the reason is that you are the right person to do the job.

Congratulations!!!!

Magda said...

Thanks Theo. I hope so. It will be good to have some recent management experience under my belt anyway.

Cheers

Magda

Magda said...

Thanks Claudine. I should stop doubting myself, shouldnt I?

Magda

Charlotte Orr said...

Congratulations Magda!

Miss Positive said...

Congratulations Magda! Its scary starting a new job, but they would not have hired you if you did not have what it takes!

Hilary xx

Cheryl D said...

Thats great Magda. So very pleased for you. A change is as good as a holiday. X

Splice said...

Congrats Magda :-)
I'm sure you will be fine in your new job, you are more confident then you realize missy :-)
Hugs,
Deb

Dianna Broeren said...

Yay Magda! Congratulations on your promo! Go get 'em tiger :)

Magda said...

Thanks guys. 2 1/2 weeks and counting :-)

Cheers

Magda

Unknown said...

Hi Magda,

A belated congrats!