Sunday, April 27, 2008

WINTER HAS ARRIVED

..... and I quite like it. Its cold and we've had lots of rain which is a good thing here in dry old SA.

With BS sleeping at his grandparents last night I finally got the sleep in I was so badly craving. I woke up around 7.30 (yep thats a sleep in for me LOL) feeling quite refreshed. WH decided he would row for his cardio today so I have yet to do my training because I wasnt going to run in the rain.

The Figure Girls met for brunch today at Citrus Cafe on Hutt Street in Adelaide. However there were only 3 of us as others werent able to make it for different reasons. We still had a great catch-up talking all things training, dieting and competing as we always do. Its so good for me to have these catchups as none of my other friends have any interest whatsoever in anything to do with this sport. Sometimes I feel like a bit of an island.

Over the last week or so I've been thinking lots about where I am and where I'm going and whats the best way for me to get there. I've come to realise some things which initially didnt sit well with me but I've made peace with them now. I will blog about them soon.

Cheers all

Magda

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Magda I often feel the same with being alone. No one in my family or friends share my passions with running and the blogging community is amazing for the support. I find I will be very excited about a new achievement or the Gold Coast, but no one in the real world shares these excitements and it can be hard...It sounds like you had a really great lunch and catchup :)

Magda said...

Yes Kristy all too often the things that mean a lot to us (eg improving your running time over a set distance or discovering a new muscle popping through)mean zip to the average lay person. But then average people dont run 1/2 marathons or compete in body building so we should celebrate out achievements even if no-one else appreciates them.

:-) Magda