Monday, April 14, 2008

A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT FOCUS AND APPROACH

Today I wrote a "Private Post" that I dont plan to publish til at least 3 weeks down the track. Its a reflection of where I'm at but I'm not ready to share it just yet. If/when I do you'll understand why.

So that post and advice received on yesterday's post has prompted me to adopt a slightly different approach to my diet and training. Its not a cop-out, nor am I throwing in the towel and quitting coz its all too hard. Far from it, in fact.

When I look at where I was 2 years ago and then 6 months ago and where I am now it feels like I've gone from crawling, to walking and then running. However I sustained an injury and lost my ability to run. I keep thinking that I can run but every time I take off, I fall over again. I can do it again but I need to crawl first, then walk and then run. It will be done but it cant be rushed. This is what I plan to do over the coming months. Crawl first, then walk and run when I'm ready.

Build the foundation as strong as possible and then whatever you put on top has a mighty good chance of surviving any storms. Currently my foundation isnt in too good a shape.

So my new focus is on the here and now, not one day in September. I have a lot of work to do both physically and mentally over the next few months but I feel this is a better road for me to travel and the journey will be a happier one.

Thank you to the lovely Lia, Lisa, Raechelle, Combat Girl and Liz for your wise words, your tough love and your support. They really do mean a lot to me.

Magda :-)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I think you have just found your answers.

Well done.

Lisa

Magda said...

Lisa, I say "Let the new journey begin" :-)

Many many thanks

Magda