Sunday, December 14, 2008

TIME TO REGROUP AND REFOCUS

Sometimes it takes an innocent 6 1/2 year old to utter a few simple words that make you take stock of what's important and give you the incentive to pull it back together.

So what were those words?

"Mummy you're never happy any more. I never see you being happy."

OUCH!! Kids have short memories and I must hang my head in shame as over the last few days these statements would ring very true. And over what?? Stressing about work. Making it worse by eating badly. Then having to accept the bloatedness that comes with it, not to mention how bad it leaves you feeling emotionally.

Well its time to let it go, forgive myself and move on. The headspace will fix itself if I focus on all the positive stuff and not allow myself to dwell on the stuff that is stressful. Today had its good moments: I filled in at my previous gym and really enjoyed my classes and burned 740 calories. I ate well today with only a small treat of a protein bar with a skim cappuccino for afternoon tea (better than a slice of cheesecake with a cappuccino). Otherwise my food was lean, clean and healthy. Now to do it again tomorrow and the next day and the next ....

Cheers folks

Magda

No comments: