Friday, December 26, 2008

MY CHRISTMAS

Yippee!! Santa was kind enough to bring me a BOSU trainer which was number 1 on my Xmas list.


A family snap taken moments bfore we started opening pressies. BS looks like he's ready to bolt and get the show on the road.
Blogger is very slow to load pics tonight so I've stopped at 2. These are the best we have anyway.
So how was my Christmas??
I got sick :-( and had a very abnormal day.
After meeting my all important deadline on Tuesday, I was able to finish work at 4pm and relax. The family went out to one of our local pubs for dinner. I had a couple of wines (including one with a friend to celebrate her 40th) and all up it was a day of pretty crappy eating as I was still in survival mode to get my work finished and hadnt prepared any healthy food.
On Christamas Eve I did a last minute early dash to the shops for the last of the pressies and some food shopping as we were hosting Xmas Day. It was a hectic time once again but it had to be done. Then home to clean and start preparing stuff in advance for the big day. Around 2pm I started to feel "off" and by the evening I wasnt feeling good at all. We went to my mum and dad's for dinner and I manged to eat a small amount but after the meal we went outside and I crashed in the sunlounge looking and feeling awful. It was a warm night but I had to borrow a cardi from my mum as I was cold. Things were NOT looking good.
We left early and went home to wrap a mountain of presents. I still felt awful but it had to be done and WH couldnt do it all himself. Went to bed with nothing else prepared and didnt care. I just needed my bed. That night I slept really badly. BS had a nosebleed during the night and I couldnt deal with it. I think WH got up twice to tend to him. I woke up early feeling dreadful and couldnt face getting out of bed. My stomach was awful. I was feverish, achey and I was still SO tired.
But staying in bed was not an option so up I got and started shuffling through the rest of the stuff that needed to be done. Luckily I picked up around 9 am but couldnt face any food or any champagne. I just sipped water. So I had none of the lavish breakfast nor any of the lovely Xmas munchies we have to snack on throughout the day. When it came to lunch time around 2.30 I had a small amount of antipasto but avoided anything strong or big on flavour and for mains I had a very small amount of turkey, stuffing and a few veges. All up I managed 1 glass of champagne and 1 glass of rose and didnt feel like more. For dessert I had a small scoop of premium vanilla ice cream. I have never eaten or drank so little on Christmas Day.
The highlight of my day was going to bed by 7pm and sleeping like the dead until 5.40am today.
But on a happier note, here is the impressive list of pressies that Santa brought me. Gee I must have been a good girl this year:
1. BOSU balance trainer from WH
2. Very funky necklace from WH
3. Earrings to match my funky necklace from BS
4. Eat Clean Diet by Tosca Reno from B+SIL
5. Eat Clean Diet Cookbook by Tosca Reno from B+SIL
6. Hamish & Andy - Unessential Listening CD from B + SIL (SIL works for Austereo so she scored this as a freebie)
7. Gladiator style black sandals (for work) from my mum and dad
8. Black bag to match new sandals from my mum and dad
9. Pedicure set from my mum and dad
10. Cute summer PJs from ILs
11. Sex & the City DVD from ILs
12. Scanpan frying pan from ILs
13. Haircare products
14. Lipstick
15. Egg cookbook
and some whacky $2 pressies that we go silly on each year.
Arent I a lucky girl!!?? Oh and with items numbered 1, 2, 3 and 12 I now have everything I need to sculpt a red hot body. BRING IT ON!! (I say)
:-) Magda


8 comments:

ss2306 said...

And I thought I was spoilt! You faired wonderfully Magda. Sorry to hear you were sick on xmas day but may have been a blessing in disguise really unlike me who indulged quite a bit more than planned and now look like a pufferfish (lol).

Happy New year.

Unknown said...

Wow, what a spoilt girl! You're going to love (?) your BOSU.

Cheers

Michelle

Anonymous said...

I have to ask because I have absolutely no clue. What's BOSU?

Lia xxx
Eat Clean, Drink Water, Train Hard & Love Life! :o)

Magda said...

Hahaha Shelley, When I read your list I was impressed but I knew mine was pretty damn good too. You'll be looking lean and mean again in no time.

Hmmmm I hope so Michelle. I'm sure Liz will take care of that.

Hello Lia, I'm glad you asked. BOSU stands for Both Sides Up. Its a balance trainer - which is a half inflated ball on a solid base. Liz uses them quite a bit in her training as they are excellent for building core strength - something I badly need.

Cheers

Magda

Anonymous said...

Oh now I know, thank you for the explanation Magda.

Lia xxx
Eat Clean, Drink Water, Train Hard & Love Life! :o)

little rene said...

Sorry to hear that you were sick on the big day Magda :(
But you got really spoilt you lucky girl!
Have a great New Year :)

Kristy said...

What a wonderful gift list. Such lovely presents Magda.

Sorry to hear you were sick, but hope you are feeling better now.

Magda said...

You're welcome Lia :-)

Yes Rene my body just gave up after I'd pushed it too hard before Xmas. I will have a great 2009 though.

Thanks Kristy, I'm feeling good again and ready to take on the world.

Cheers

Magda