Saturday, October 25, 2008

TO EAT OR NOT TO EAT

Well yesterday's challenges feel like they are a world away now. Had a few today but decided to just chill out and stop analysing everything to the nth degree.

You see yesterday mum gave me some food that she knows I really like. I put it in the frij as I wasnt intending to eat it as its not exactly on my plan. But then I had a really busy morning out and about and was very hungry by the time I got to have my (late) lunch. So there was this meal in the frij just needing to be warmed up and eaten. What did I do?

I ate it. And even though it wasnt to plan (its a meal thats just about 100% carbs and there are no veges with it) I had some protein before hand and stopped fretting about it. And the best thing was that after I'd eaten it, life went on as normal. I didnt have any thoughts of "oh well I've blown my diet so I may as well eat whatever I want for the rest of the day", which always turns into an all-out binge-fest. Yep I ate off plan and didnt use it as an excuse to binge afterwards. Thats a win for me!!

For some reason, cardio today was a hard slog. I did it but it didnt feel like one of my better efforts. My legs felt heavy and tired and I seemed to drag myself through it. I'm looking forward to training upper body tomorrow and if I feel better I'll add some moderate intensity cardio as a bit of a top up.

We are off to a friend's place for lunch tomorrow so that'll be a BIG challenge. Oh the temptations of alcohol, nibbles, dessert just to name a few. Give me strength to not succumb into a big downward slide into slothdom and gluttony once again.

G'night all

Magda

3 comments:

Waterloo Spine and Sports said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Waterloo Spine and Sports said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Waterloo Spine and Sports said...

Thanks to share nice information. Well we are also a leading chiropractic waterloo massage therapist. We are recognized as a well known Chiropractic Waterloo, Waterloo Massage , chiropractor waterloo, Massage Waterloo, Waterloo Chiropractic,Waterloo Chiropractor . For more information visit us at www.waterloospineandsports.com.au