Then it cleared.
I headed out for my jog.
When I was at the first furthest point from home it started to rain.
So what did I do?
Did I whinge?
Did I get angry?
No I put a big smile on my face and gave thanks for:
- the rain that would do all of our gardens good
- having 2 good legs that allow me to go running
- having enough money to buy an IPod and good running shoes
- living in such a lovely area that I have lakes to run around and parks to run through
- my BS safe and sheltered at home playing his X Box
- my WH enjoying his coffee and reading the paper
- the weekend after a busy week at work.
As I neared the one hour mark I was tired and was really shuffling. Then the remake of Need You Tonight by INXS came on my IPod and gave me a small burst of energy. But it didnt see me home so I hit the play again button and cranked it up LOUD. I thought F*CK THIS SHUFFLING, I'M FINISHING WITH A RUN and I dug in and found energy I didnt know I had and powered it on home and finished on a true runner's high.