Sunday, July 27, 2008

MELBOURNE POST THE ALL FEMALES

On Sunday my WH arrived in Melbourne for a mini get-away with me while our BS was on the Sunny Coast with his grandparents. So I bid farewell to the girls and moved into the Rendezvous (Flinders Street) for 3 nights.

We had a fantastic time. On Sunday we were the ultimate tourists scouring the city, Bourke Street Mall, then Southbank and the Crown complex, then Southgate and the Sunday Markets and then over to Federation Square. We walked heaps and loved every minute of it. After changing into nicer clothes we went to a bar in Southgate for a pre-dinner drink and then ate in a casual cafe where they tried to rush us through (Grrrr). That really pisses me off so we drank our bottle of wine nice and slow and then had coffees and shared a small desert. They couldnt get rid of us that easy.

After a nice smorgy breakfast on Monday (oops ate a bit too much) we walked to Bridge Road and shopped (the Prada T shirt made my day) and then walked to Chapel Street and shopped some more. Dont know what distance we covered but my legs were tired and sore. Dinner on Tuesday was in a Greek restaurant in Southbank and the food was just superb. Oh and the wine was good too :-)

On Tuesday I was a bit more sensible with my breakfast choices and portions and then we hit Spencer Street DFO. Didnt get much there but WH picked up a great leather jacket on the walk back to the city. I would have bought a pair of Prada shoes but sadly they were all too tight on my big heffalumpy feet (GRRRRR). I had lunch and a couple of wines with Combat Girl and we chatted away as though we'd been friends forever. I loved it and was so happy that I got to meet her and got to know her better. That night we wandered up to Lygon Street where we soaked up more atmosphere and made the most of our last night there.

Both WH and I loved Melbourne and are keen to go back again. The shopping was excellent, it was easy to get to the places we wanted to go and the weather was kind to us. What more could you want?

Cheers all

Magda

No comments: