Wednesday, February 27, 2008

ALL DARK CLOUDS HAVE A SILVER LINING

Last night I went through the motions of setting up my weights ready for training this morning, setting my alarm for 4.50am, soaking my oats and psyllium husks, having my training gear all ready to throw on and having my meals for the time I’m at work all prepared and ready to go.

Small steps but progress in the right direction.

I’m taking Combat Girl’s advice and just setting myself some weekly goals. Nothing earth-shattering just some things that I’ll try to bring back into my life. Things that should never have slipped but I wont dwell on that.

So this morning I trained again and followed it up with a nice healthy breakfast. I was in a better mood already. More patient and even looking forward to the day (well as much as you look forward to a work day LOL).

Maybe the silver lining is just coming through on those dark clouds.

I certainly feel better having decided about my work/career goals. (More on that soon). I know other bloggers (hi Raechelle) are having similar issues and like me, are finding the indecisiveness very unsettling. Whilst I acknowledge that its not a valid excuse for eating badly and missing training, I know for me it certainly makes things harder and in my recent frame of mind I was just giving in too quickly and too easily.

Today Cat’s post about depression really got me thinking about why I feel so down. The truth is that I actually have a great life. I have a good job, a wonderful husband, a beautiful son, I’m healthy and I’m even the envy of many overweight and unfit ladies who work on my floor. So how do I explain why I’m feeling so down? Its my struggle with food, making good choices consistently and being able to maintain a reasonable weight (and I don’t mean anything close to my comp weight). These things challenge me constantly and there are just too many times when they beat me for a whole range of reasons (excuses????)

But I refuse to give up because that’s not the person I want to be. When I read Lisa’s post “I’m just doing it” I realised that this is what I want to be able to say in the (not too distant) future. It truly gives me hope and inspiration.

Thanks guys!!

Magda

7 comments:

Combat Girl said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU MAGDA!!

Small steps and positive thinking, you will get there. How do I know, because we have all been where you are and some of us are where you are going.

I am honoured that you are taking my advice. Thankyou

CG
xx

Raechelle said...

Good for you-sounds like you are getting into a much better headspace.
Sounds very positive!

Lisa said...

You go girl, every good choice takes you closer.

CG's advise was golden.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Well done on your progress. You can do it.

:-)

Magda said...

Thanks CG. I'm looking forward to getting to where I want to be.

Raechelle, its a small improvement but its an improvement so I will say "hooray".

Lisa your words keep ringing in my ears " every meal, every training session, every day counts". Its helped me to get moving in the right direction. Thanks :-)

Thanks Cat. Deep down I actually believe that I can do it so thats more than half the battle I guess.

Magda

Em said...

Thats the way hun :)
You will be fine that silver lining will be shining so bright you will need sunglasses :)
Good on ou hun stick with it :)
Em:)

Magda said...

Thanks Em. The silver lining sure looks better than the black cloud.

Magda