Tuesday, June 08, 2010

ROLLERCOASTER RIDES

After a cracker weekend I started the week with a fantastic Monday. I literally felt AWESOME. I was in the best mood, despite feeling cold and constantly hungry.

Its easy to be positive, objective and insightful at those times. My mind works clearly and efficiently then. Its like all the ducks lined up and marching in unison.

But when the situation goes awry and you reflect on the day and its not what you wanted it to be it takes a lot of effort to stay balanced and objective, let alone positive. This is the roller coaster of life. Good days. Not so good days.

On this challenging journey of finding my happy place with food and eating, I sometimes wonder whether its better to concentrate and focus on what you want, making a conscious effort to practice good behaviours OR is it better to stop focussing and obsessing about it all and live by the motto "que sera sera". I suspect that different things work for different people and I havent worked out what works best for me.

One thing is for sure though and that is the rollercoaster ride that life takes you on. The question is do you hop on and enjoy the ride with all its highs and lows or do you relish the highs and dread the lows? I think I'm doing more of the latter when I'd rather be doing the former. I guess the choice is mine to make and see through.

Magda

3 comments:

惟定志維 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ss2306 said...

(throwing hands up in the air)where the fuck are the answers when you need them? I don't know Magda. Sometimes it's all too hard and in these instances I simply say "fuck it." For me, as long as I never lose sight of my objective and don't focus on what it is I want, I believe everything works out as it should. It's when I complicate it with thinking that the lows occur. It's the art of learning to sit with my feelings, whatever they may be, that is the constant lesson on my path. I also believe that the lows come about for a reason, which in turn brings more personal growth and confidence that we can nail this bitch once and for all! It's the patience thing I have trouble with sometimes - like fucken hell when? Afterall, to be human is to be flawed and magnificent!

Magda said...

Hey Shelley,

I'm not good with the "P" word either. Great comment though.

M